March 16, 2020
Dear Church Family,
It is now necessary to make the excruciating decision to suspend all activities and gatherings at our facility. This includes groups of any size, activities, worship services, and meetings.
We find ourselves at a time unlike anything I can remember. The staff and I processed the following question this morning: How to be the church when we can’t be together?
Our staff is working at a feverish pace to help us stay connected even though our “face time” will be limited in the foreseeable future. There will be more communications to come.
A team of us is working to pull together a home worship experience that will be available for you to participate in while at home on Sunday morning… our creative juices are flowing!
Here’s what I’m asking of all of us at this time:
- PRAY. This is obvious, but it needs to start here. Pray as families together. Pray throughout your day.
- LISTEN. If you missed yesterday, go online and listen to the message: “We’re Not Alone.”
- ENGAGE. Find ways to stay engaged with one another. Reach out with phone calls. Send a text to those in your groups that you’re thinking of them and praying for them. This is as important now as it has ever been.
- LET US KNOW. If you are in need of someone to run errands for you and do your grocery shopping – I have people who are lined up to do it! I just need to know. If you are losing wages because of this crisis, I have people who would like to help.
- GIVE. Please continue your tithes and generosity to PLC. You can mail your tithe to PLC | 14484 Peñasquitos Dr. | San Diego CA | 92129. You can also give online here.
- EMBRACE A SABBATH. The routines of life have been jolted to a stop. Take this as an opportunity to rest in the Lord and find a less-hurried rhythm of connecting with Him.
We are the church and we are open for business!! (Even though our facility is closed for gatherings).
Trusting in His provision and grace while living in the reality of His love,