- is a child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting.
- is a caring, Christian friend who takes the time to really listen.
- is a lay Christian selected, trained, and supervised by Stephen Leaders to provide effective Christian care.
- makes a commitment including 50 hours of training, ongoing supervisory meetings, and an average of one 1-hour visit per week with the person receiving care.
- recognizes this as a confidential ministry.
A Stephen Minister is NOT…
- A counselor or therapist
- A problem-solver
- A casual visitor