Children of all ages are always welcome in the PLC worship services. There is a Parentâs Room at the back of the Sanctuary for families with little ones who may need a little more freedom to roam, talk or cry during the service. If families desire it, the option of Nursery care is also available.
The PLC Nursery, located just outside the back doors of the Sanctuary, provides a safe, loving, fun, educational and comfortable Christian environment for infants and toddlers (to age 3) while their parents participate in church services, social events or education opportunities at PLC.
PLC Sunday Morning Nursery is staffed by a paid adult caregiver who is present every week to establish consistency along with a full roster of volunteers who work on a monthly rotation schedule adding loving and capable hands to meet the needs of all children in their care. All workers are carefully screened and their background thoroughly checked. All Nursery volunteers are members or regular attenders of PLC. The volunteer roster is made up of both adults and teens.
Some helpful things to know!
- The Nursery is well stocked with Cheerios and water. Parents are asked to refrain from bringing in personal snacks for their children to avoid risk of choking hazards for all children and the risk of accidental ingestion by children with food allergies. Infants who need a bottle are of course the exception. Please label all bottles and pacifiers well before bringing them to the Nursery.
- Parents are asked to leave personal toys at home with the exception of âcomfortâ items like blankets or stuffed toys. The toys in the Nursery are well screened for safety and appropriateness for infants and toddlers. They are thoroughly cleaned each week.
- The Nursery is well-stocked with baby wipes and diapers for your convenience.
- Every family using the Nursery will be issued a silent pager in case they need to be summoned back to the Nursery. Parents whose children cannot be comforted after 15 minutes will be alerted so they can return to the Nursery to help. The aim of the Nursery staff is to make sure every child is comfortable and parents are able to relax and fully enjoy the worship service or class they are attending.
Maintaining a Healthy Nursery:
Children who have experienced any of the conditions listed below within the past 24 hours will not be brought to the Nursery or Parentâs Room:
- Discharge in or around eyes
- Green or yellow runny nose (clear is okay)
- Excessive cough
- Questionable rash
- Any communicable disease
Parents are asked to contact the church office if their child develops an infectious disease (e.g. mumps, measles, chicken pox, conjunctivitis or impetigo) within 24 hours of being in the Nursery. Every attempt will be made to alert parents whose children may have been exposed to such disease.